1. Arrive to your post at least half an hour early – it will be hard to find parking. Expect to walk a few blocks. Expect chaos. Embrace the chaos. It’s our chaos.
2. If you don’t have a post, go to wga.org and pick one.
3. Wear a red shirt. Find other writers in RED SHIRTS. Sign in. Pick up your picket sign. Begin.
4. Stay on the sidewalks - they are public property. We have the right to be there.
1. Expect to be booed by some and cheered by others.
2. Expect to hear rumors that get your hopes up, only to be dashed when the truth comes out. It’s an emotional roller coaster ride intended to demoralize the troops – understand that it is merely strategy. Move on – full steam ahead.
3. Our jobs are now to picket. Four hours a day. Five days a week. Focus on the day to day. Week to week. Don’t let up until we hear that the negotiation has officially been settled.
4. Understand that the AMPTP owns a majority of the press – they will paint us badly. Don’t let it get to you. If you feel unclear on the facts -- talk to other writers.
It’s gonna be tough, but remember we’re doing this for each other, for future writers, for SAG, the DGA, the Teamsters, and other unions in our industry of artists and laborers.